Schools of Choice
The Schools of Choice application window for the 2022-2023 school year is now open only through May 31, 2022. Applications received after this date range are not permitted.
Lakeshore Public Schools accepts Schools of Choice applications for residents of Berrien County ONLY during specific timeframes. Acceptance will be determined by the spots available in the building and the grade level requested. Some applications may be denied due to overall building capacity and/or student disciplinary issues.
Parents can apply by completing and returning an application to Lakeshore Public Schools Administrative Office during the posted dates established each year. In order to receive an email notification at the start of each application window, please send an email with your name, address, and email address to Sue Hardy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important considerations for parents & students applying for Schools of Choice:
- The student must be a resident of Berrien County.
- Transportation is not provided for Schools of Choice enrollees; parents must provide their own transportation to and from school for children accepted for enrollment.
- According to the Michigan High School Athletic Association, there are rules for athletic participation for Schools of Choice enrollees in grades 10-12. Please visit the MHSAA website directly (https://www.mhsaa.com/) for current information and eligibility.
- Applications are only accepted during the specified time frame and are NOT on a first come basis.
- Parents will be notified if their child has been accepted as a Schools of Choice student 15 days after the application window has closed.
- Complete enrollment paperwork is not needed until after being accepted and proof of residency will still be required at that time.
If you have questions regarding Schools of Choice, please contact Sue Hardy at the Central Office at 269.428.1400 ext. 2900 or email@example.com.